Thursday, July 15, 2010

A Plan

It is almost 11:30 and I have just come back from nuclear medicine. I am in ambulatory care at the hospital......waiting to be taken up to the operating room. I am not always a good waiter, as patience has never been an attribute that came easy to me. God has taken me through many valleys to teach me this precious quality. I am learning to wait and as I wait, to continue trusting in the plan of my heavenly Father.

Yesterday, God had been impressing upon my heart Matthew 7:11 and Jeremiah 29:11

"If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father, who is in heaven, give good things to those who ask Him." Matthew 7:11

"For I know the plans I have for you, says the LORD. They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

There is a beauty as you go through a valley when you allow your eyes and your heart to go from the physical circumstance to God. I have found as I have walked through the valley on different occasions that when I focus on the God and who He is, He fills me with His peace and the physical circumstance, pain and uncertainties begin to fade. They are still present, but not the focus. This is an act of the will. This is a conscious decision. If I asked you right now to think about the beach. To picture yourself sitting on the waters edge, think about the smell of the salty air, the sound of the waves crashing on the shore.....Are you there? As the questions were asked, did you go there in your mind?

It is no different with God. It is what we purpose in our mind and our heart.

Philippians 4:8 "Whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy, meditate on those things."

This is where my mind is as I wait....on God. That He is a loving Father and nothing is by accident in the kingdom of God. Nothing is haphazard, nothing by mistake. He has plans that are good. The clincher is not how we define good, but how He does. And in order to define good, we have to go back to the heart of God. His love is everlasting. He is compassionate. And whereas He has allowed cancer to enter my path, His plan is nonetheless good. And so I trust Him.

I trust Him if my lymph nodes are clear. I trust Him if there aren't.

I trust His plan because my faith, hope and trust is in Him.

And as I closed out my night, blogging my prayer requests......God laid Psalm 46:10 on my heart. "To be still and know that He is God."

When I awoke early this morning, I went to spend time with Jesus in preparation for the day. As God knows the end from the beginning, as He has every detail covered.....as if, as if I should doubt for one minute.....I opened my devotional and the day I was on was titled, "Purpose." The verses that were referenced were Matthew 7 and Jeremiah 29. I read the devotional just relishing in God's goodness. And then I turned the page, and the title of the next page was, "Quiet Times." and just guess what the verse was......Psalm 46:10. This morning, I marveled at God and His hand upon me. At His provision. At His faithfulness....as if I have anything to worry about.

And so I sit here....being still.....meditating on my Lord and Savior....and waiting and trusting.

My friend will post updates later for me.

Much love,
Stacy

1 comment:

He & Me + 3 said...

Beautiful trust! His plan is the best plan for us.
((hugs))